How were your Passover seders? Mine were fantastic! I went home to CT and had a lovely time with the fam. We cooked a lot of course- my brisket was especially tasty- and we all made sure to have our obligatory four glasses of wine. All in all a success! I will make sure to do a recap this week. Here is a quicky Passover snack that will convert even staunch matzah haters. Matzah Puppy Chow! It’s not the prettiest dish on the block, but it sure is addictive. Based on the ever popular
crack Chex Puppy Chow. Here is all you need!
Make sure to use kosher for Passover confectioner’s sugar (it has potato starch instead of cornstarch). First up, put your chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a sauce pan and cook on low to medium heat until all melted and no lumps remain. Then add in the vanilla.
- 9 pieces matzah, broken into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup kosher for Passover semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter or almond butter. Even cashew butter would be great!
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups kosher for Passover confectioner's sugar
- First up, put your chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a sauce pan and cook on low to medium heat until all melted and no lumps remain. Then add in the vanilla.
- Now add your broken up matzah in and coat in the chocolate.
- After that, pour on the confectioner’s sugar and mix up until all your matzah is covered.
- Spread on wax paper to cool. Then eat and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container if there is any left!