It’s here, it’s here! My first cookbook is here! Shalom, Sweet Noshings!
Scroll down to order.
Woo hoo! Y’all, I’m so so excited. My very first cookbook is (almost) here and you can pre-order it! (See below).
Are you ready for a sugar chai? (Get it?) Sweet Noshings is all sweets all the time. Yes there is sugar, and yes there is butter. Yes, it’s delicious.
When I started my blog over five years ago, writing a cookbook was a someday dream of mine. Along with taking Manischewitz shotskis with Andy Cohen and being the Jewish Giada. Well, one out of three ain’t bad!
Bubbe is so proud, naturally. She already spends most of her free time (when she isn’t playing mahjong or watching Dancing with the Stars) bragging about her grandkids to the girls at the JCC. Well now, she is really kvelling!
Sweet Noshings is for cooks of all religions who love to eat, try new recipes, and cook for others. It’s just the best thing ever when someone takes a bite of my rugelach or brisket and you can see the joy on their face. Pure delight. I’m overjoyed to say each one of these recipes does that!
Writing a cookbook is not easy. At all. I made failed leaky babkas, bland challah, and too crumby cookies. And then, luckily, lots of hits. All the testing, sampling, photographing and rainbow sprinkles were totally worth it! I could not have done this without you (literally, publishers look at blog traffic). But seriously, I love every email, comment and question I receive. Your support is everything to me. So, I’m most excited to tour this fine country (and maybe abroad) and meet you and bake some of these creations with you! Email me at amy at whatjewwannaeat dot come if you want to bring me to your town.
What can you expect from Sweet Noshings?
- Over 30 modern Jewish desserts including:
- Funny self-deprecating stories and anecdotes.
- Photos of every single recipe so you know what the final product should look like.
- Supply list so you have everything you need.
- Recipes with both US and metric measurements
- Tips for every recipe to guarantee dessert perfection.
- Gratuitous photo of me frolicking in a field of rainbows.
- Rainbow sprinkles.
- And more!
Order Now! (Please.)
Thank you so much for all your support and positive comments throughout the years. Y’all are the best!
What are people saying about Sweet Noshings?
- “Sweet Noshings brings all my wildest culinary dreams to life. Now, I just need to block out a week to cook, eat, and recover from the inevitable delicious food coma.” ~ Kate Siegel, Author of New York Times Best Seller, Mother, Can You Not?
- “Amy’s approach to traditional Jewish desserts is so fun, wacky, and vibrant! For years I’ve loved the colorful sprinkle-topped desserts that grace the internet on What Jew Wanna Eat, and I am so excited that the world will now have this book to capture that same delicious infectious energy. Now excuse me while I go scarf down a Unicorn Bagel…” ~ Molly Yeh, Founder of the award-winning blog, My Name is Yeh and author, Molly on the Range
- “Amy’s bright, colorful personality is perfectly reflected in this gorgeously photographed, fun-to-read book. Her phenomenal creativity shines in recipes like Tzimmes Cake (which is like carrot cake on delicious steroids) and Tex Mex Rugelach!” ~ Gabi Moskowitz, Author, Hot Mess Kitchen and Producer, Young & Hungry
- “Makes a great gift for your Mom- she’ll love it!” ~ My Mom
Cheddar Life (at minute 17)
Tour stop at Xhibition Kitchen at Northeastern Univeristy
Fox News Austin
Fox News Austin again!
The Forward, 11 Cookbooks We Loved This Year, December 22, 2016
Hadassah Magazine, Amy Kritzer and Sweet Noshings for Hanukkah, December 14, 2016
About.com, Flourless Chocolate Orange Cupcakes with Beet Frosting and Snickerdoodle Bagels aka Unicorn Bagels, October 31, 2016
Jewish Food Experience, To Make Community, Nosh, Sip and Schmooze, December 11, 2016
Austin Way, Austin Food Bloggers Share Their Favorite Summer Bites, August 25, 2016
Austin Eater, This Weekend’s Top Food Events, August 26, 2o16
The Nosher, Chocolate Pistachio Krembos Recipe, August 29, 2016
NJ.com, Congregation Beth Israel to Hold Cooking Demo with Chef Amy Kritzer, August 15, 2016
Chicago Tribune, Great Round Challah Bake at Congregation Beth Shalom, August 30, 2016
Jewish Food Experience, Top 5 Recipes for the Sweetest Year Yet, September 4th, 2016
Jewish Food Experience, Her Bubbe Couldn’t Be Prouder, September 18th, 2016
Time Out New York, Sweet Noshings
Metro, Things to Do in NYC