Tired of your average schmear? Dill Pickle Cream Cheese has all the goodness of your favorite deli side now available in spreadable form!
Oh hi.This recipe probably doesn’t even need words. I could probably just post some bagel porn, the recipe, and call it a day.
But let’s be honest, I’m a talker. (I get it from my mama.) So let’s talk schmear. Do you have a favorite kind? I usually go for savory over sweet (lox, chives, everything bagel flavored. These are my jam.) But you certainly can’t go wrong with a little cinnamon or strawberry every now and again. So when I had leftover horseradish pickles just lying around, taunting me, asking me to chop them up and put them in cream cheese, I had to oblige.
Did you know cream cheese also makes a good face mask? Really clears the pores. (Okay I made that part up, but sounds like it may be true, right?)
I was going to get all crazy with the accouterment, (red onions! lox! avocado!) but then I thought for once in my life, I would take the simple approach. Coco Channel once famously said. before leaving the house, a lady should look in the mirror and remove one accessory. I’m more the type of person who puts five more on, and then throws on some glitter just in case. Is that bad?
Okay, enough talking out of me. I now leave you with bagel porn, and a recipe!
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 medium dill pickle spears (about ⅓ cup), finely diced
- 1 tablespoon pickle brine
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- Salt to taste
- Red chili pepper flakes to taste
- On a large cutting, place the cream cheese and flatten.
- Place pickle pieces, brine, and dill on the cream cheese.
- With a flat spatula, fold the cream cheese over the pickle stuff and pat down. Repeat five times until ingredients are incorporated.
- Adjust with salt and red chili pepper flakes to taste. Serve on a bagel!