Cream cheese paaaar-tay! Now that’s my kinda party. How to make flavored cream cheese, plus lots of flavor ideas!
It’s no secret I love bagels. But everyone needs a partner in crime, right? For bagels, it’s their cohorts lox and cream cheese. Some days, the hardest decision I have to make is what schmear to put on my poppy seed bagel. My life is very hard. I know this. So I started brainstorming some possibilities.
Ooh! And this is just what was in my pantry/fridge already. Basically, cream cheese is a canvas for awesomeness. You can quote me on that. Since summer is upon us, I decided to make berry first.
This is a recipe for Very Berry Cream Cheese from my favorite Austin bagel spot, Wholy Bagel. You can read more about them in this article I wrote. Kind of a big deal. Basically, they make amazing, NYC worthy bagels right here in Texas. Now we have it all. You can use this formula to make other flavors, or scroll down below for some other cream cheese recipes from around the Internets!
- 3 8-ounce containers of Philadelphia Cream Cheese at room temperature (not low fat)
- Fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries (chop the strawberries into smaller pieces), washed and dried well
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar plus more to taste
- Pinch salt
- Lay the cream cheese on a cutting board and flatten.
- Add a layer of berries on top with ⅓ cup sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- With a flat spatula, fold the cream cheese over the fruit and pat down. Repeat five times until ingredients are incorporated.
- To test, run a finger across the cream cheese. If it’s mixed enough, you won’t see pure white.
- Adjust sugar to taste.
Try these other cream cheese ideas! Or else.