Use Manischewitz to make these festive Red Wine Jell-O Shots!!
Today is my birthday! So I made myself Manischewitz Red Wine Jell-O Shots. Isn’t that what you would do?? What better way to celebrate turning 21! Oooookay. I’m not turning 21. But that’s neither here nor there. I mostly love birthdays! An excuse to wear sequins (do I need one?), throw yourself a party and eat cake. Besides cake, getting older can kind of suck for a moment. I finally sold my Abercrombie micro shorts on eBay and bought adult shorts. And don’t get me started on the hangovers!
But then I think of how awesome my life is and I feel way better! I’ve live in one of the best cities in the world (Austin!), have awesome family, friends and boyfriend, and get to make things like Manischewitz Red Wine Jell-O Shots for a living. I really can’t complain! Later this week I’ll be posting a whole bunch of recipes using red wine. You’re welcome. Because why should I get all the presents?
Here is all we need.
Holy 1993 batman! Who out there still drinks Manischewitz? All you do is bring the water to a boil, pour over Jell-O and stir for 2 minutes until gelatin powder dissolves. Then add the red wine (and vodka if you like) and stir well. Pour into a casserole pan or shot glasses. Refrigerate 4 hours until soild!
Enjoy! I topped mine with pomegranate seeds and disco dust. Glitter > no glitter.
Happy birthday to me!
- 1 3-ounce package orange Jell-O
- 1 3-ounce package lemon Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups Manischewitz or 1 cup Manischewitz and 1 cup vodka
- All you do is bring the water to a boil, pour over Jell-O and stir for 2 minutes until gelatin powder dissolves.
- Then add the red wine (and vodka if you like) and stir well. Pour into a casserole pan or shot glasses.
- Refrigerate 4 hours until solid!