Free yo self from boring Passover meals! You can only have traditional matzah pizza so many times in a week, right? Thai Matzah Pizza with almond butter sauce, and lots of gooey cheese saves the day!
I used to hate matzah (why is it only gentiles seem to love the stuff??) but that was before I discovered the necessary evil known as matzah pizza. Oooh matzah pizza.
Usually I’m all about the Margarita version. I mean what could be better than tomatoes, basil, and lots of cheese? That was rhetorical, because obviously nothing.
That is, of course, until now. One of my fave CRAZY ‘zas is thai pizza, but normally it has a peanut sauce on it, which is totally not KfP. Hmpf. So how about almond butter?!? That’s just crazy enough to work. With ginger, lime, honey, a little heat. Oh yeah. But if this is starting to look too different from the matzah pizza you know and love, don’t fret. I topped her with tons of gooey mozzarella cheese…and carrots…and almonds. But I lost you on the cheese right?
Passover is tough. Not 40 years in the desert tough, but certainly inconvenient. Thai Matzah Pizza makes it better! I’m here for you, friends.
- For almond sauce
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1½ inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- For pizza
- 2 pieces matzah
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Cilantro and lime for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- While oven is preheating, in a medium bowl, mix together almond butter sauce ingredients until combined. If your sauce is very thick, add a bit of warm water to make it spreadable. If you want a smoother sauce, process in a food processor.
- Once oven is hot, place matzah on a foil lined cookie sheet, carefully spread on almond butter sauce and cheese. Bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with carrots, almonds, cilantro and lime juice and eat immediately!