Apples and honey but make it millennial. Who doesn’t love avocado toast? This Apples and Honey Avocado Toast version is perfect for Rosh Hashanah aka all fall long!
I love using the Rosh Hashanah food symbols in creative ways. Beets? Put them in challah! Green beans? Make them shakshuka! Apples and honey? Put them on avocado toast topped with a sprinkle of roasted almonds and cinnamon!
Why do we even eat apples and honey? Well, honey is for a sweet New Year. And apples, some say they are healing, and there is also the nod to the apple Garden of Eden story. Jews and apples go way back!
This recipe is barely a recipe. You can also get creative here. After all, a New Year calls for a new breakfast.
Here are some of toppings that would be just lovely: a drizzle of silan, a little brie or other cheese, walnuts, pomegranate arils, tahini, you get the idea.
OOh here’s a fun idea when we can see people again and do crazy things like share food. Have an apples and honey avocado toast bar! Line up all the toppinsg and people can build there own. How fun is that?! (Can you tell I haven’t had normal fun in a while??!)
Apples and Honey Avocado Toast
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 apple, sliced (I like Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/8 tsp flaky salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- While your toast is toasting, prep all the ingredients. Slice the avocado and apple and chop your almonds.
- Top each toast slice with avocado, a light squeeze of lemon, apple, a generous drizzle of honey, toasted almonds, salt and cinnamon. Eat right away!
Aquila Clark says
I love your site–and I really like trying Jewish recipes–Your site is awesome–thanks so much–This recipe is delicious–
Amy Kritzer says
Thank you so much!