Smoked Salmon Avocado Tartine – a simple but delicious twist on avocado toast from The Gourmet Kitchen.
So it’s no secret I love bagels. But even I get tired of them (I’ll pause to let that sink in for a moment.) Sometimes I want a bialy, or just toast. It’s true. But I never get tired of lox, which is why I was excited to see this easy recipe in my friend Jennifer’s new cookbook The Gourmet Kitchen!
I’ve been a fan of Jennifer’s simple but unique recipes and GORGEOUS photography for years. Her recipes are special yet perfect for every day. Does that make sense? They seem effortless yet impressive. Having attended culinary school, Jennifer knows her stuff but can explain complex concepts and techniques in a way everyone can understand.
So it’s no surprise her cookbook is full of recipes that are visually beautiful but are also delicious.
I had a hard time deciding what to make first. Oatmeal Stout Beer Bread, Spinach, Artichoke, and Caramelized Leek Tart, Brownies with Tahini frosting!! Eventually I’ll get to those, but I was hungry now, and this Smoked Salmon Avocado Tartine was calling my name.
All my favorite flavors on naan instead of a bagel!
Avocado on everything.
Smoked Salmon Avocado Tartine
- 2 slices naan bread
- 2-3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel spice
- 4-6 ounces good-quality smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons capers or more as needed
- 1/4 fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush each piece of naan with approximately 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- Toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Layer the avocado slices evenly across the bread. Add a light sprinkling of everything bagel spice on top.
- Layer the smoked salmon on top of the avocado. Brush lightly with more oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Top with the capers and dill, and serve immediately.