What’s an egg cream, you ask? Basically, a Jewish milkshake. You like milkshakes, right? And this Chocolate Peanut Butter Egg Cream is a step above the basic ones!
This is the summer that just won’t quit, amiright?? I was barely recovered from Israel, when I whisked myself away to a staycation at the Omni Barton Creek (post coming soon!) followed by another staycation at Lake Belton (I think staycations are the new vacations. No worrying if your anti-aging cream is actually a liquid, and always BYOB!) and capped on the weekend by seeing the diva herself, Shania Twain in concert! Dressed as her “That Don’t Impress Me Much” video, duh. Now I’m alternating between laying in the fetal position on my couch, and finishing up the recipes for my cookbook this week!!! (!!!) This is good news, people. Good news indeed.
But a girl cannot survive on leftover photo shoot cookies and adrenaline harnessed from Shania alone. I got these adorable new straws from Restaurantware, so I decided egg creams were in order! They are perfect for classing up this recipe. Don’t you want these coordinating bags too?? Contrary to what you would think, there are no eggs or cream in an egg cream. Jews are sneaky like that. But there is chocolate.
You can make this recipe super easy by purchasing your own chocolate syrup (Fox’s U-Bet or nothing else!), or simply make your own! Either way, enjoy this snack of champions. 🙂
Chocolate Peanut Butter Egg Cream
- 1 cup chocolate syrup Fox's U-Bet or homemade preferred
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups whole milk cold
- 1 cup seltzer cold
- First, make your chocolate peanut butter syrup. In a small saucepan, combine chocolate syrup and peanut butter over medium heat. Melt the peanut butter while whisking until dissolved. Set aside to cool, and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- I used mine right away though!
- Then, pour 1/4 cup of the cooled syrup into each cup. You'll have some extra! Serve in future egg creams or over ice cream. Add 1 cup of milk to each and stir to combine. Then pour in 1/2 cup of seltzer into each class (I usually just pour to the the top) and drink immediately! Preferably out of a cute straw.