So I have a super fun BIG announcement coming on WJWE soon. I can’t tell y’all quite yet, but I will let you know I will be pretty darn broke as a result of this reveal. What’s a gal to do? Make an award winning sandwich, that’s what! When I got word of the Mezzetta Make That Sandwich Contest, I knew it had my name written all over it. Well my name and $25,000! And what could be more award-winning that a mega Jew-wich with all the fixings? Absolutely nothing. Part of the contest was to use at least two Mezzetta products, but that wasn’t hard in the least! They have a great range of products from pestos to artichokes to olives. Yum! I decided to take my brisket from last week and add in some homemade challah and a few other magical ingredients. OMG this sandwich is so tasty! Award winning even.
First you start with challah…
Add some tasty condiments…
And top with the good stuff! Come to mama.
Brisket Sandwich with Horseradish, Onion & Pepper on Challah
Makes one sandwich that you won’t want to share
- 2 slices challah bread
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 3 pieces brisket in sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mezzetta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta Organic Fire-Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 1 tablespoon Mezzetta Cream Style Horseradish
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- Toast challah bread with Swiss cheese on one side.
- While bread is toasting, saute Mezzetta Organic Fire-Roasted Red Bell Peppers in Mezzetta Extra Virgin Olive Oil until heated through.
- Mix Mezzetta Cream Style Horseradish with ketchup.
- Spread horseradish mixture on the non-cheesy side of the bread and top with brisket and bell peppers.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
A winning sandwich it should be. Jew 🙂 should be proud! Sounds like you will need that $25,000! What kind of onion did Jew use?
Thanks, Gloria! I wish you were the judge. I used white onion.
Jennifer Morrison says
As a pretty sheltered goy, I had never had challah until I met my oh so handsome Jewish man and now I am obsessed! With this I was able to combine my challah obsession with my equal love of brisket!! Thanks for helping this shiksa keep her man happy 🙂
Amy Kritzer says
Haha happy to help!!