Jewnicorn Hot Chocolate is white chocolate rose water hot chocolate topped with cardamom whipped cream and rainbows and glitter and magic and unicorn tears. JEW NEED IT!
Happy New Year, y’all! I feel like this year none of my friends made any resolutions. Well, not traditional ones at least. Take more naps? Check. Brunch more. Get more massages. I likey.
Word on the Internets is that 2016 was kind of rough. I really can’t complain about it (I wrote a book! Bought a business! Frolicked!) but I wanted to start 2017 with something fun. Salads aren’t fun (unless they are topped with za’atar fried chickpeas!) But you know what is fun? Hot chocolate!
Boy oh boy is this hot chocolate fun. You may have seen unicorn hot chocolate around the Google, and of course everyone and their mom sent it to me. So I decided to Jewify it! Jewnicorn Hot Chocolate is white chocolate rose water, topped with rainbow cardamom whipped cream, marshmallows, glitter and sprinkles. Jew ready for this??
How did you ring in the New Year? I stayed in Austin with some of my favorite people and started 2017 in a onesie with my favorite breakfast in one of my favorite hotels. Not too shabby!
P.S. I had to go to 3 supermarkets before finding rainbow marshmallows. Is this the post-2016 apocalyptic world we live in now???!!!
Homemade cardamom whipped cream gives me life. Pastel whipped cream> not pastel whipped cream.
<3 Magical AF. Yayyy!! Part-ay in a mug. Do you know what would also be tasty and just as magical in this hot chocolate? Whiskey. Just saying.
This recipe makes two, but you may want both mugs for yourself. You deserve it. Rose (water hot chocolate) all day.
- 1 cup heaving whipping cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Gel food coloring (if desired)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- ½ teaspoon rose water (or to taste)
- Rainbow sprinkles, marshmallows, edible glitter, magic, unicorn tears for garnish.
- First make the whipped cream. In a chilled bowl (this helps the cream become whipped cream), beat the cream with a whisk or hand mixer until soft peaks form. Then add confectioners' sugar and cardamom and whip until you have whipped cream! Do not over mix. If you like, divide whipped cream into three bowls and dye them purple, blue and pink. Yay. Again, don't over mix, so it's okay if they are a little streaky. It's pretty!
- Then make the hot chocolate. Put the milk and white chocolate in a medium non-reactive saucepan and heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and milk is hot. Then stir in rose water.
- Pour hot chocolate into two mugs immediately. Top with cardamom whipped cream, and toppings of your choice. Enjoy!!