Pomegranate Cardamom Spritzer featuring Absolut Vodka is the perfect signature drink for your Hanukkah party! #NoSugarCoating
Tis the season to stress about gift-giving! And receiving. When my Bubbe asks me what I want for Hanukkah each year, I usually say something about booze and sequins and she always laughs, thinking I’m being my typical hysterical self. But I’ve never been more serious. What more could a girl want? Speaking of, can we talk about these limited edition Absolut Vodka sequin bottles?!?! Sequins + vodka = the perfect gift. If you are thinking Amy, you should totally display these on your bar all year, then you are right. That is exactly my plan.
But first, Hanukkah cocktail time! If you’ve been following along lately, then you may have seen that my boyfriend, Andrew, and I are some of Puerto Rico’s newest residents! AKA we still need friends. But that did not stop me from throwing my annual Hanukkah party (for two), including a signature cocktail!
Yasss. Now, THIS is the face of a happy gift recipient. Real men drink from sequin bottles of Absolut Vodka.
My boyfriend is the mixologist in the house, so we put our heads together to come up with this delicious concoction: Absolut Vodka, homemade cardamom syrup, pomegranate juice, soda water, and lime. Easy but impressive!
Make the syrup ahead of time (and save some to add to your holiday coffee, trust me) and these come together in no time. So you’ll have plenty of time to mingle with your guest(s).
We called these drinks Pomegranate Cardamom Spritzers. They are festive, tart and just taste like Hanukkah in a glass.L’chaim!
Even though we are a party of two this year, we got extra festive with sequins a few rounds of dreidel! (I won.)Kvelling over my Hanukkah spread! I plan on printing out this recipe and gifting it with bottles of sequin Absolut Vodka and cardamom syrup. Wouldn’t you love to receive that?!
Enjoying a fresco. Lots of latkes pair perfectly with vodka.
The happiest (21+) kids on Hanukkah.
Pomegranate Cardamom Spritzer
- For Pomegranate Cardamom Spritzer:
- Crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1-2 shots Absolut Vodka
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon cardamom syrup
- Club soda
- For Cardamom Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- To make the cocktail, place crushed ice and pomegranate arils in a short glass.
- Add lime juice, Absolut Vodka, pomegranate juice, cardamom syrup and stir.
- Add club soda to top off the glass and serve! Feel free to add more cardamom syrup (or vodka) to taste.
- To make the cardamom syrup, place water and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over low heat while stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add cardamom and bring to a boil for one minute. Remove from heat and let steep for one hour. Strain into a jar and refrigerate when not using.
This post is sponsored by Absolut Vodka. Thank you for supporting brands that support WJWE. Jew rock!