Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
This quinoa version of the classic tabbouleh salad has more protein than the original, but the same herby flavor!
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 medium tomato seeded and diced
- ½ medium cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
Drain quinoa in a fine mesh sieve and run under cold water until completely cooled. Shake off excess water. Stir quinoa into the tomato mixture.