Matzah Nachos (Machos!)
Matzah Nachos- the perfect cure for your Manischewitz hangover!
- 2 plum tomatoes small diced
- 1 medium white onion small diced
- 1 jalapeño small diced
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pieces matzah broken into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup cheese cheddar or your favorite, shredded or in pieces
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
First, I made pico de gallo. Combine tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then, brush your matzah pieces with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes until browned.
Change the oven setting to broil. Then add cheese, and broil another 5 minutes until cheese is all melty. Ooooh yeah.
Top with goodies of your choice! I used pico de gallo, avocado, Greek yogurt and lots of cilantro.