Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Matzah Truffles with Manischewitz Glaze
Chocolate-Covered Matzah Makeover in the form of Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Matzah Truffles with Manischewitz Glaze!
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces about ¾ cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 piece matzah roughly chopped into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups kosher for Passover powdered sugar
- 3 tbs. Manischewitz wine or to taste
- Sea salt
Put heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer and add chocolate.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix with a whisk until chocolate is incorporated.
Then whisk in butter until melted. Mix in matzah pieces and chill for 1 hour or until mixture is hard. Can make up to one day in advance.
While chocolate is hardening, make glaze by mixing powdered sugar and Manischewitz. The glaze should be loose enough to drizzle but thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Use a teaspoon or melon baller to create round truffles. Sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with glaze! Let glaze harden and serve. Can be made one day in advance and stored in the refrigerator, or up to a week if you wait to drizzle the glaze no more than a day before serving.