Thai Matzah Pizza
Not your average matzah pizza!
- For almond sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 inch piece ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- For pizza
- 2 pieces matzah
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella sliced or shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Cilantro and lime for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
While oven is preheating, in a medium bowl, mix together almond butter sauce ingredients until combined. If your sauce is very thick, add a bit of warm water to make it spreadable. If you want a smoother sauce, process in a food processor.
Once oven is hot, place matzah on a foil lined cookie sheet, carefully spread on almond butter sauce and cheese. Bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with carrots, almonds, cilantro and lime juice and eat immediately!