Cinnamon Sugar Matzo Balls with Chocolate Yogurt Dipping Sauce
What do you do with leftover matzah balls? If you said roll them in cinnamon and sugar and bake them to Cinnamon Sugar Matzo Balls perfection, then we have a winner!!
- 12 matzo balls about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter each
- 1/2 cup sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 5-6 oz yogurt I used Stonyfield
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
Dry the matzo balls and refrigerate overnight. The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl and roll matzo balls in the mixture, coating completely. If the mixture is not sticking well, wet matzo balls a bit.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and put matzo balls on the paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy.
While the matzo balls are baking, combine yogurt sauce ingredients. Serve matzo balls hot with dipping sauce!