Bagel, Lox and Schmear Salad with Everything Bagel Dressing
Your favorite breakfast in salad form!
- 1 bagel your favorite kind!, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 red onion cut into slivers
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 ounces of lox
- For dressing:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cloves dried garlic minced (can use fresh)
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated white onion minced (can use fresh)
- 2 teaspoons dill minced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons buttermilk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Toss bagel pieces in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer on a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until browned and crispy. Set aside.
To make dressing, whisk together all ingredients except butter milk or blend in a food processor. Add in buttermilk until you have the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble two salads with mixed greens on the plate first, top with red onion, tomatoes, capers, lox (I rolled them up into little fishy roses), croutons and drizzle with dressing!