Arugula Orzo Salad (Guest Post)
A tasty, healthy salad with arugula, orzo, goat cheese and dried cranberries! Yes!
- For salad:
- Arugula 5 oz package
- 1 cup of uncooked orzo
- 1 8-oz can of corn, drained
- 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup of dried cranberries according to taste
- 1/4 cup green and/or purple onion diced small
- Toasted slivered almonds about 1/4 cup
- 4 oz package goat cheese (Optional. I used the Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese from Natural
- & Kosher)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil the cup of orzo according to package directions and let cool. It should be around 11 minutes. In the meantime, mix all the dressing ingredients. You can make it in advance and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. When the orzo is cold, mix in the corn, green or purple onions, and
When you’re ready to serve, add the orzo mix to the arugula leaves. Cut the goat cheese in small pieces and add to salad. Toss the dressing to the salad and add the toasted almonds right before serving. Enjoy!
You can omit the Goat Cheese to keep it Pareve and you’ll still have a salad that is sure to
impress your guests.