Israeli Farro Salad with Za'atar Fried Chickpeas and Greens for Good
Just like Israeli Salad, but on the next level! Mixed with arugula and farro and topped with feta and za'atar fried chickpeas. It's Israeli Farro Salad with Za'atar Fried Chickpeas!
- 2 cups cooked farro simmer 1 cup dry in 3 cups water with a 1/2 teaspoon salt until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain off any remaining water
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large cucumber deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion small diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon za'atar http://whatjewwannaeat.com/zaatar-recipe/ or in bulk sections
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar Dressing or your favorite vinaigrette
First, assemble your salad. Toss farro, arugula, tomatoes, cucumber and red onion together in a large bowl and set aside.
Then, make your chickpeas. Heat a large 12 inch sauté pan (I used my cast iron) over medium high heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add chickpeas and fry for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy, stirring occasionally.
Transfer cooked chickpeas to paper towels to blot off excess oil and then place in a medium bowl. Toss with za'atar and serve over salad with feta cheese and a drizzle of Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar Dressing!