Za'atar Yogurt and Red Wine Cranberry Crostini
A quick and easy Thanksgiving recipe OR how to use up leftover cranberry sauce. Za'atar Yogurt and Red Wine Cranberry Crostini can be both!
- 1 baguette cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 12- oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sweet red wine I used Manischewitz!
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 6- oz container Coconut Dream Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon za'atar or to taste, you may want up to 1 tablespoon, and also a little salt if your za'atar isn't too salty.
- Orange zest
First, make your bread! Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread bread slices on 1-2 foil lined cookie sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes per side or until well browned and crunchy. Rub slices with garlic and set aside to cool.
Then make your red wine cranberry sauce. Combine cranberries, red wine and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook while stirring until cranberries have popped, about 10 minutes. Season with a touch of salt and set aside to cook. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
In a small bowl, combine Coconut Dream yogurt with za'atar. You can use Greek yogurt too if you want. You may want to add a little honey for sweetness if you do.
Spread bread slices with a thin layer of the yogurt mixture and spoon on a bit of cranberry sauce. Garnish with orange zest and eat!