You’ll want to smother this Everything Bagel Ranch dressing on everything! From chicken tendies to salad to a spoon.
Is there anyone out there who doesn’t love Everything Bagel Spice? It’s kind of perfect on everything from hummus to deviled eggs to delicious salmon bowls. Do they call it everything because it’s delicious on everything? We may never know. (Spoiler alert: not the reason.) So not surprisingly, it’s perfect in Everything Bagel Ranch too.
Fun story, when mi hombre proposed to me on our balcony in Puerto Rico, I had already planned a dinner of homemade chicken tendies with three sauces (I spoil him). I was totally surprised by the proposal, and after calling our families, chicken tendies still seemed like the perfect celebratory meal! We love cooking for each other, especially meals we know the other person will love. Homemade ranch was one of the sauces, so when I needed a sauce for our homemade chicken schnitzel wraps, I thought that Everything Bagel Ranch would be perfection! It was.
I decided to make a dairy and a parve dairy-free ranch version because if you keep kosher, you are going to need some Everything Bagel Ranch for those chicken tendies. And also just a few Jews are sensitive to the ole lactose thing (okay, many many Jews), so I’m looking out for you too! Everything Bagel Ranch for Everyone.
I gave some variations so you can make Everything Bagel Ranch without buttermilk since that’s a hard ingredient to get sometimes and then you are left with so much buttermilk leftover! Why don’t they make buttermilk in tiny containers? No one needs a pint of buttermilk. Okay, getting off my soapbox now. Use Everything Bagel Ranch on your salad, sandwiches, with veggies, just do it!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (or more mayo for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (use less if using buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or milk or dairy-free milk such as almond milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced dill or ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon and vinegar until combined. Then add milk to get desired consistency. You may not want to use it all.
- Stir in spices and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until totally combined. Eat on everything! Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.