Those look like croutons, but they aren’t!! Tahini Roasted Sweet Potato Farro Salad with Chickpea Dressing is what’s for lunch. And dinner. And I added an egg, so breakfast too!
You know how a lot of people don’t drink in January? As a way to re-set? Some even call it dry January. Well, I’m doing whatever the opposite of that is. There have just been too many staycations and fun events and FOMO gets me every time!
So in between all this fun, I have been trying to eat extra healthy. Which isn’t so hard, because I like healthy food, especially when it tastes as good as this salad! Plus, we can all agree chocolate is healthy, right? There is a lot going on. Are you ready for it?
Tahini roasted sweet potatoes on a bed of nutty farro and peppery arugula tossed in a chickpea dressing. Avocado, almonds, tomatoes, a soft boiled egg, a little chile pepper flakes and magic. It makes a lot, so you can eat if for a few meals, and the textures and flavors will keep your mouth happy. Yay!
A little chickpea goodness in every bite.
Here she is! I have seriously been noshing on this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So good.
Brunch/Linner/Dunch is server.
- For Chickpea Dressing:
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, plus ½ cup for garnish
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (2 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cold water
- For Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, in ¾ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon (or more) red chile pepper flakes
- For Salad:
- 3 cups cooked farro
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Chile pepper flakes (optional)
- First, make the chickpea dressing. In a food processor, blend 1 cup chickpeas and garlic until pureed. Then add olive oil, lemon juice, cumin and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste and enough water to make a dressing. Set aside.
- To make the sweet potatoes, pre-heat oven to 410 degrees F. Toss sweet potatoes with tahini paste, olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper and chile flakes. Roast in a single layer on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes or until cooked through and nicely browned, tossing halfway through.
- Time to assemble! Combine farro and arugula with dressing. Then top with sweet potatoes (warm or at room temperature), avocado, cherries, eggs, almonds and more chile pepper flakes if desired.