Israeli Salad is a light and refreshing summer dish, but my spicy Israeli salad is a kick you in the face Texas inspired step up from the average!
Hey y’all! Right now I’m in sunshine-y California teaching at a Jewish cooking retreat and frolicking on the beach. Not a bad job, right? I can’t wait to catch you up on this adventure! In the meantime, as a consolation prize, I have salad. Whomp, whomp, you may be thinking. But this isn’t an ordinary salad at all! It’s light and delicious with a jalapeño kick. Hi-ya! The perfect lunch pre-beach-frolicking. I even used these gorgeous tomatoes from my friend’s garden. One day I’ll have my own garden!
I used English cucumbers because they are tasty and have edible seeds, red onions, cilantro and a light dressing. You could even add avocado if you like! I toyed with it, but opted not to due to a recipe I have coming next week (!) Get excited.
Pretty! Serve with pita and hummus or a spoon or anything!
Do you have a garden? I’d love some tips!
- 1 English cucumbers, small diced
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ medium red onion, small diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, small diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature! Keeps well in refrigerator for up to 5 days.