Okay so this isn’t the prettiest recipe out there, and we all know being pretty is what matters most in life. But they are freaking delicious, easy, and perfect for parties. So delicious, in fact, that I may or may not have eaten half of the batch for lunch. Emphasis on the may. Plus, I had a whole tub of homemade pesto hummus just begging to be used creatively!
First up, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and de-stem and clean your mushrooms. Never wash mushrooms because they can absorb the water and get soggy. Just blot them with a towel.
Why yes I do own a Texas shaped cutting board. Everyone should have one- don’t you love?!?! You can get a similar one here! Anyhoo, rough chop the mushrooms stems and dice your onion.
Cool the onion and stem mixture and then combine with the pesto hummus and panko bread crumbs. If you don’t feel like making my pesto hummus, just mix two tablespoons of prepared pesto into 1/2 cup hummus! Here is a tasty pesto you can use.
Cook for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through.
- 24 white mushrooms (two packages), cleaned and de-stemmed
- ½ white onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup pesto hummus
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rough chop the mushrooms stems and dice your onion.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute onions with salt until they start to soften. Add mushrooms and continue to saute until cooked through.
- Cool mushroom and onion mixture and combine with pesto hummus and Panko bread crumbs.
- Fill up the mushrooms with the mixture and top with fresh Parma- or not to make it vegan! Put them on a foil lined sheet pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through.