Puppies!!! Who out there has a puppy? My roommate recently got an Australian shepherd named Beau and we love his sweet little puppy face. So much so that I spent two minutes making this photo montage!
I KNOW, right? Isn’t Beau just the cutest? That was rhetorical, of course he is. The little bugger grows bigger every day, but for now we can still pick him up and snuggle the heck out of him. Like any good overprotective Jewish mother, I constantly worry, and it doesn’t help that he will eat anything that can fit in his mouth. Likewise, I like to shower Beau with homemade goodies. Like these homemade kosher dog treats! Simple, all natural, and tasty. Not that I tried one. No, not I! Anyhoo, it’s super simple. First, one more puppy photo.
Ahhh! All you do is mix the oats and flour together. Then add in peanut butter and warm milk. Knead the dough well adding in more flour if it’s really sticky.
Roll out the dough into 1/4″ thickness and cut into shapes with cookie cutters. I used Jewnicorns and Texas, duh! Brush with egg wash and bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and let them cool 2-3 hours.
Instant puppy treats!
Have fun making these any shape Jew like.
The big question: What does Beau think??
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1¼ cups warm milk (or water for parve)
- 1 egg, beat for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix flour and oats ingredients together.
- Add in the peanut butter and hot water and mix.
- Knead the dough until combine, adding in more flour if it’s too sticky.
- Roll out the dough into ¼” thickness and cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Brush with egg wash and bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and let them cool 2-3 hours.