Matzah Nachos (Machos!)
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 plum tomatoes, small diced
- 1 medium white onion, small diced
- 1 jalapeño, small diced
- Juice from ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pieces matzah, broken into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup cheese (cheddar or your favorite), shredded or in pieces
- ½ avocado diced
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- First, I made pico de gallo. Combine tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Then, drizzle your matzah pieces with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 5-8 minutes until browned.
- Then add cheese, and bake another 5 minutes until cheese is all melty. Ooooh yeah.
- Top with goodies of your choice! I used pico de gallo, avocado, Greek yogurt and lots of cilantro.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/matzah-nachos-machos/