Recipe type: Jewish
Serves: 6-8 brave souls
- 1 pound chicken livers (washed and trimmed)
- 1 large white onion, sliced thin
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil or schmaltz
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your liver and trim any icky stuff.
- Stir fry your onions in in two tablespoons of oil or schmaltz in a large pan over medium heat until golden brown (about 7 minutes).
- Add chicken livers to the pan and cook for a few minutes until medium. There still should be pink on the inside. If you overcook them they will dry out!
- Mush up three of your eggs in a separate bowl.
- Put cooked livers in a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add livers and onions to a bowl with salt, pepper, 1-2 tablespoons oil or schmaltz and eggs.
- Garnish with fourth chopped egg.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/chopped-liver/