Matzah Brei with Lox and Schmear
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil (you can always use less butter to make your matzah brei healthier or more if you do not value your health)
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 piece matzah
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces lox
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter or oil in a large pan over low heat.
- Add onions and cook until golden.
- Break matzah into pieces and soak in warm water for 15 seconds.
- Whisk eggs and add in matzah, onions, lox, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat another tablespoon in the pan over medium heat.
- Add brei mixture and cook until eggs are set, about 3 minutes.
- Add dill and garnish with cream cheese.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/matzah-brei-with-lox-and-schmear/