Broccoli Black Bean Hummus and The ADA Vegetarian Cookbook Review
Author: Amy Kritzer
- 3 cups broccoli ﬂorets
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas,
- Well rinsed and drained
- 1 cup plain, fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted
- 3 each scallions, minced
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- Trim broccoli into small florets, reserving stems for another use.
- Steam florets over boiling water for 3–4 minutes until still crisp, rinse under cold water and reserve, or microwave on high in about ½ inch water for 2 minutes and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Place 1 cup of the cooked broccoli in a food processor fitted with the standard blade. The additional 2 cups will be added later.
- Add all ingredients except the black beans in the food processor and process until fairly smooth but still showing some pieces.
- Add the remaining broccoli florets, saving a few for garnish, and the black beans. Process using the pulse button, once or twice only until incorporated.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/broccoli-black-bean-hummus-ada-vegetarian-cookbook-review/