Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Main Meal
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 slices rye or pumpernickel bread, toasted
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 4 slices tomato
- Basil for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients for the spread in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth but thick.
- Divide the spread evenly over each slice of bread. Top each slice with carrots and tomatoes and garnish with basil.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/chickpea-tartines-smart-shopper-diabetes-cookbook-review/