Pickled Cauliflower and Beets
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large beet, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/8 cup salt (or less if you want less salty veggies)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dill seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice berries (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns (optional)
- First, pack the chopped vegetables tightly in a mason jar or two.
- Bring the water to a boil, then add vinegar, salt, pepper and other spices and mix well until salt dissolves. Pour over the vegetables.
- Let cool completely. Close jar(s) tightly and store in a cool dark place for a day (for crisper pickles) or two.
- Eat up!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/pickled-cauliflower-and-beets/