Sweet Potato Kugel
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3.5 lbs sweet potatoes (I used 4 large sweet potatoes)
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup scallions, minced
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup matzah meal (or flour if not during Passover)
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled (or margarine if serving with a meat meal and keeping kosher)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Saute diced onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil until brown.
- Dice sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes and mix onions and sweet potatoes in a blender until shredded or shred with a hand grater or food processor.
- Squeeze out excess water from onions and sweet potatoes and transfer to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, matzah meal, scallions, salt, pepper and butter. Add in potato mixture and combine until well mixed.
- Butter a 12x9x2 inch glass baking dish. Pour mixture into the dish and bake for one hour until cooked through and brown on top.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/sweet-potato-kugel/