Kale Salad with Avocado, Goat Cheese and Tahini Dressing
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Jewish
- 1 large bunch kale (about 10 cups)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (plus more to drizzle on kale)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt
- ½ small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced thin
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-2 Tablespoons water to reach desired consistency
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- 1 large avocado, diced
- ¼ cup crumpled goat cheese
- ¼ cup salted and roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- First up, prep your kale by washing it well and cutting it off of the stem.
- Then massage the kale leaves in a large bowl with the red onion slices and a drizzle of olive oil, half of the lemon juice and a pinch of kosher salt. This is the secret to tasty raw kale!
- Meanwhile, make the dressing! Whisk together tahini, ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, water, lemon juice, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Now add the red peppers to the kale and dress with the tahini dressing.
- Toss and garnish with avocado, goat cheese and sunflower seeds.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/kale-salad-with-avocado-goat-cheese-and-tahini-dressing/