Individual Sweet Potato Kugels
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Side Dish, Passover, Rosh Hashanah
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled or margarine
- 5 Tablespoons all-purpose flour or matzo meal for Passover
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup scallions, minced, plus more for topping
- Greek yogurt (optional)
- First, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prep a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- Then, using a hand grater or food processor, grate the sweet potatoes and onion. Squeeze out excess water from onions and sweet potatoes using a paper towel and transfer to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, flour, salt, pepper and scallions until mixed well.
- Add in potato mixture and combine. The mixture should be moist (ew) but not soggy.
- Fill the cupcake lines evenly with the potato mixture.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 45-60 minutes until lightly browned on top and cooked though.
- Top with Greek yogurt and more scallions!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/individual-sweet-potato-kugels/