Chocolate Caramel Matzah Crunch
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Passover, Dessert
- 5 pieces matzah
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheets with foil. Cover the foil with parchment paper.
- Line the sheets with matzah, adding extra pieces to fill the sheet.
- In a saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Cook for three minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove sauce from heat and pour over the matzah.
- Put the baking sheets in the oven and reduce heat to 325 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove matzah and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let melt for 5 minutes and spread the chocolate over the matzah. While warm, break into pieces and chill in the freezer until set.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/chocolate-caramel-matzah-crunch/