Recipe type: Purim, Dessert
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg plus 1 for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add wet ingredients (butter, vanilla, 1 egg and orange juice) to dry ingredients and mix with fingers.
- Combine and form dough into a ball.
- Chill for 1-2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough out, and cut into circles with cookie cutter or wine glass.
- Add in filling of choice and pinch three corners to form a triangle making sure to secure.
- Wash with egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Also, you will need to chill the dough for 1-2 hours.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/hamantaschen/