Grilled Avocado Hummus
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned or cooked)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, or to taste
- ½ cup chickpea liquid or water
- First, cut your avocado in half and remove pit.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop whole avocado from skin. If it breaks a little, no worries. It’s going to be pureed into hummus anyways!
- Heat up your grill or a grill pan to medium and spray with olive oil or a non stick spray. Grill until avocado is charred, or about 5-7 minutes.
- Next, in a food processor, combine avocado, chickpeas, tahini, and garlic.
- Then add extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika for extra smokiness (or to taste) and enough water or chickpea liquid to make it smooth!
- Blend until smooth and enjoy! Garnish with olive oil and smoked paprika.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/grilled-avocado-hummus/