Matzo and Herbed Stuffed Tomatoes
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Appetizer, Side Dish, Passover
- 3 tomatoes, cut in half and seeds and juice removed
- 2 matzo, ground well to resemble crumbs (In food processor if possible)
- 1 Tb water
- 1 Tb Herbes de Provence
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Sprinkle salt onto tomato halves. Drizzle a shallow baking sheet with olive oil and place tomatoes atop.
- In a bowl, add ground Matzo and 1 Tb of water to moisten. Stir to incorporate.
- To matzo, add herbes de provence, Parmesan cheese, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Stuff each tomato with matzo mixture, gently pressing down on the topping to get the filling into the tomato cups.
- Place on roasting dish and drizzle with additional olive oil on top. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until tomatoes begin to blisger and topping begins to brown.
- When done, allow to cool and garnish with fresh parsley.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/guest-post-matzo-and-herbed-stuffed-tomatoes/