Recipe type: Soup
- 2 cups fresh beets (I used 5. You can used canned too, but I will judge you)
- 2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 3 cups Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small cucumber
- ⅓ cup green onions
- 2 tablespoons dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large sauce pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove the tops of your beets, and boil for 40 minutes.
- Chop green onions and cucumbers.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken stock, yogurt, vinegar, sugar, lemon, salt and pepper.
- Then add in cucumbers, green onions and dill.
- When the beets are cool, reserve the liquid and peel and chop them into small pieces.
- Add 2 cups of the beet juice to the stock mixture.
- Lastly, add the chopped beets to the soup.
- Chill to serve cold. Garnish with Greek yogurt and dill.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/summer-borscht/