Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Gribenes
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or 3/4 Tablespoon olive oil and 3/4 Tablespoon schmaltz in liquid form)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Drizzle aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread pecans on a foil lined cookie sheet and roast about 5 minutes. Careful, they burn fast! Take them out as soon as they smell nutty.
- Next up, wash your Brussels and pick off any leaves that are ugly. Trim the stem and cut in half.
- Then toss with olive oil (or half olive oil half schmaltz), salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread on a cookie sheet lined with foil and roast for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown. I like mine roasted until very brown, but do what Jew like!
- Immediately toss with gribenes and pecans and drizzle with aged balsamic if desired. Eat right away!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-gribenes/