Beet Fries with Goat Cheese Sauce
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 5 medium beets
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or more to get desired thickness)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice (about ¼ of a lemon)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- First up, clean your beets.
- Then drizzle them in 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Roast them at 375 degrees F for about 90 minutes until they are fork tender and the peel rubs off easily.
- Then cool your beets. While they are cooling, you can make your goat cheese sauce!
- In a food processor, combine goat cheese, and olive oil until you have the desired consistency. Then add in salt, pepper, cayenne and lemon juice and puree again!
- Once your beets are cool, rub off the rest of the peel with a damp paper towel.
- Then cut them into bite sides pieces. You could do all cubes if you want to get all fancy.
- In a large saute pan, heat canola or vegetable oil over medium high heat. (You could use a deep fryer too!)
- Dredge the beets in cornstarch and fry until the outside is crunchy.
- Transfer to a paper towel or rack to absorb extra oil and immediately sprinkle with salt.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve right away with goat cheese sauce!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/beet-fries-with-goat-cheese-sauce/