Pomegranate, Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 6-8 cups arugula
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 1 pomegranate
- 4 dates, diced
- 1 pear, cut into slices
- 8 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- First, cut the pomegranate into four pieces. You may want to do this over a cutting board or bowl as it will leak a bit.
- Then put the pieces in a bowl of cold water and pull out the seeds with your hands. The seeds will fall to the bottom and the schmutz will rise to the top!
- Then remove the schmutz and drain the water. Ta da!
- Now let’s make our dressing. In a small bowl whisk up minced garlic, lemon juice, honey, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Then slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking.
- And time to assemble the salad! Put the red onions with the arugula in a bowl and pour in about ¾ of the dressing. Reserve the rest for drizzling.
- Put a nice pile of arugula on 4 plates.
- Then top each with pears.
- Sprinkle on the dates, Gorgonzola cheese and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with more dressing and serve!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/pomegranate-pear-and-gorgonzola-salad/