Jewish Apple Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 granny smith apples
- 2 cups sugar plus extra 5 tablespoons sugar for apples
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice (no pulp)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan with butter and a dusting of flour, or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the middle, and add in oil, eggs, juice and vanilla.
- Beat all ingredients until well blended.
- Peel and core apples and cut into thin wedges.
- Combine apples with 5 tablespoons sugar and 5 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Spoon 1/3 batter in pan. Add 1/2 apple mixture, add another 1/3 batter. Follow with other half apple mixture and last 1/3 batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick comes out clean
- Mix confectioners sugar with enough boiling water to make a runny glaze. Drizzle all over your cake!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/jewish-apple-cake/