Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 package Farfalle noodles
- 1 white onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup kasha
- 1 egg
- 2 cups stock
- 1 bunch parsley
- Olive oil to drizzle or butter to mix in
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Saute the onions in olive oil, salt, and pepper until they just start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms and saute until they start to soften, about 2 more minutes. Set aside.
- While your veggies are sauteing, coat the kasha in an egg. This will help the grain not stick to itself when you are cooking it. Then saute in the same pan until toasted.
- Add back in the mushrooms and onions and combine with chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, and then lower to a simmer, cover, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, or about 15 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper if necessary, mix in pasta, and garnish with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/kasha-varnishkas/