Bubbe's Famous Brownies
Recipe type: Dessert
- For brownies:
- 1 cup butter (226.81 grams)
- ¾ cup unsweetened baking cocoa (88.5 grams)
- 2 cups sugar (400 grams)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour (125 grams)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (182.4 grams)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (182.4 grams)
- Optional: walnuts, peanut butter chips, etc.
- For frosting (optional):
- ½ cup butter (113.4 grams)
- 1 pound powdered sugar (453.59 grams)
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a medium size saucepan over a double boiler over low heat.
- Remove melted butter from heat and add cocoa. Stir in well until blended.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add eggs one at a time beating, blending each one until incorporated.
- Then add flour and salt. Mix, but DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Stir in chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Bake 25-30 minutes (Bubbe always bakes 28 minutes exactly!) Brownies will be done when a toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Let brownies cool at least one hour to overnight.
- For frosting, beat butter until fluffy, add confectioners' sugar, and incorporate enough milk to get the desired texture.
- Frost if desired and garnish with extra chocolate chips or garnish with powdered sugar cut into 24 bars.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/bubbes-famous-brownies/