Israeli Panzanella Salad
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 8 cups of day old bread (I used a whole Italian baguette), cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced (or parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- Optional: rotisserie chicken, chickpeas, etc
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss your diced bread in two tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Whisk together remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cool bread and toss with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, pine nuts and cilantro.
- Then combine with dressing.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes and serve and enjoy!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/israeli-panzanella-salad/