Matzah Ball and Chicken Soup
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Soup
- 10 cups stock
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or schmaltz
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 carrots, diced or cut into rounds
- 3 parsnips, diced or cut into rounds
- 3 celery stocks, diced or cut into slices
- 1 pound chicken
- Salt to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Whisk 1/2 cup of stock with eggs.
- Whisk in matzo meal, onion, oil, salt and pepper.
- The dough will be sticky, so refrigerate dough for 30 minutes so it is not as sticky.
- Bring the stock to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Shape the matzo mixture into 12 balls, and place in the stock. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then, add carrots, parsnips, celery and any other veggies you choose, and simmer covered for an additional 30 minutes until the balls are cooked and veggies are tender.
- Add chicken, salt to taste and garnish with parsley.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/matzah-ball-and-chicken-soup/