Spinach Squares (Er... Triangles)
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Side
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained (10 ounces) (Get all water out with paper towels)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter and pour melted butter into your cake pans and spread with a towel to cover the pan on all sides.
- Then, beat eggs in a bowl.
- Now add flour, milk, salt, and baking powder.
- Dice your onion.
- Defrost the spinach and squeeze out ALL water with paper towels. I just left my spinach in the refrigerator overnight and it was all defrosted!
- Now add spinach, onion and grated cheese to the mixture. I used my Bubbe’s grater! Bubbe uses white cheddar, but I accidentally bought yellow. Use what Jew like. Potato, potahto.
- Mix that sucker up and pour into the two buttered 8-inch cake pans evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 6 triangles per pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/spinach-squares-er-triangles/