Sabich Eggplant Sandwich
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 whole pieces pita
- 1 medium eggplant
- Canola oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons hummus
- First up, slice your eggplant into 1/2 inch pieces, season with salt and fry in canola oil on both sides until brown.
- While your eggplant is frying, you can make the Israeli salad. Dice up your cucumbers and tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, lemon and parsley.
- You can also hard boil your eggs during this time- put eggs in cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to an ice bath and peel off shell under water and slice.
- Now all you have to do is assemble! Layer hummus, eggplant, Israeli salad and eggs on your pita and dig in!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/sabich-eggplant-sandwich/